The following represent the most common mystic connections. See page 83 for more information on the connection class feature.
You’re linked to the collective knowledge of every sentient species that ever lived that’s held in the Akashic Record, an Astral library of perfect psychic records of every moment in history. You might be an ancient lorekeeper, an inquisitive student of the occult, an intuitive consulting detective, or a secret-hoarding spy.
- Associated Deities: Eloritu, Nyarlathotep, Pharasma, Talavet, Triune, Weydan, Yaraesa
- Associated Skills: Culture and Mysticism
- Spells: 1st—identify, 2nd—augury, 3rd—tongues, 4th— divination, 5th—contact other plane, 6th—vision 'Akashic Knowledge', 'Access Akashic Record', 'Peer into the Future', 'Mind Probe', 'Telepathic Memories', 'Memory Palace', 'Glean Spell',
Your connection helps you sense emotions and notice details others can’t. You might be a diplomat, an investigator, a mind- reading bodyguard, a ship’s psychologist, or a psychic con artist.
- Associated Deities: Abadar, Hylax, Iomedae, Sarenrae, Talavet, Triune (Casandalee)
- Associated Skills: Perception and Sense Motive
- Spells: 1st—detect thoughts, 2nd—zone of truth, 3rd— clairaudience/clairvoyance, 4th—mind probe, 5th—telepathy, 6th—true seeing 'Empathy', 'Greater Mindlink', 'Emotionsense', 'Discern Lies', 'Greater Emotionsense', 'Retrocognition', 'Empathic Mastery',
Your connection channels the life force of all things—as well as its counterpart, death. You’re an expert healer, but not necessarily a selfless one. You might be a traveling doctor, a haunted medium, a military medic, or a tyrannical necromancer.
- Associated Deities: Desna, Hylax, Iomedae, Pharasma, Sarenrae, Talavet, Urgathoa, Weydan
- Associated Skills: Medicine and Mysticism
- Spells: 1st—6th mystic cure; replaced by 1st—lesser remove condition, 2nd—remove condition, 3rd—remove affliction, 4th— restoration, 5th—greater remove condition 'Healing Channel', 'Lifelink', 'Healer’s Bond', 'Steal Life', 'Channel Bond', 'Channel Life', 'Deny Death',
You use your raw will and understanding of the mind’s structure to crush and demoralize your enemies. You might be a special ops assassin, a psychic interrogator, or a righteous military crusader breaking the enemy’s spirit on the battlefield.
- Associated Deities: Besmara, Damoritosh, The Devourer, Iomedae, Urgathoa, Zon-Kuthon
- Associated Skills: Bluff and Intimidate
- Spells: 1st—6th mind thrust; replaced by 1st—lesser confusion, 2nd—inflict pain, 3rd—synaptic pulse, 4th—confusion, 5th— feeblemind 'Share Pain', 'Backlash', 'Sow Doubt', 'Mental Anguish', 'Mindbreaking Link', 'Mindkiller', 'Explode Head',
You realize that not all connections are symmetrical, and seek to be the dominant force in any situation. You aren’t necessarily evil; perhaps you consider yourself a benevolent philosopher- monarch who takes control for the good of your charges. You might also be a cult leader, a criminal mastermind, or a hypnotist.
- Associated Deities: Abadar, Besmara, Damoritosh, Lao Shu Po, Zon-Kuthon
- Associated Skills: Diplomacy and Intimidate
- Spells: 1st—command, 2nd—hold person, 3rd—suggestion, 4th—confusion, 5th—dominate person, 6th—mass suggestion 'Inexplicable Commands', 'Forced Amity', 'Echoes of Obedience', 'Greater Forced Amity', 'Jealous Overlord', 'Forceful Commands', 'Absolute Control',
Your connection channels the energy of the cosmos, its celestial bodies, and the dark voids between them. You might be a brilliant astronomer, a daredevil starpilot, a Drift explorer, a prophetic astrologer, or a would-be transhuman godling.
- Associated Deities: Desna, The Devourer, Ibra, Nyarlathotep, Sarenrae, Triune
- Associated Skills: Perception and Piloting
- Spells: 1st—shooting stars (as magic missile), 2nd—darkvision, 3rd—irradiate, 4th—remove radioactivity, 5th—telekinesis, 6th—control gravity 'Walk the Void', 'Starlight Form', 'Stargazer', 'Starflight', 'Starry Bond', 'Meteor Shower', 'Interplanetary Teleport',
You channel the energy inherent in the ecosystems around you, taking inspiration from the endless cycles of the natural world. You might be a corporate biotech researcher, a hermitic shaman of the Green Faith, or one of the legendary Xenowardens.
- Associated Deities: Green Faith (philosophy), Oras
- Associated Skills: Life Science and Survival
- Spells: 1st—life bubble, 2nd—fog cloud, 3rd—entropic grasp, 4th—reincarnate, 5th—commune with nature, 6th—terraform 'Speak with Animals', 'Grasping Vines', 'Animal Adaptation', 'Reactive Resistance', 'Share Resistance', 'Plant Transport', 'Guided Rebirth',